“With Christ in Our Hearts We Live Life to the Full.”
We value the importance of and recognise we have a duty to prepare our children for life in modern Britain and to keep them safe.
The British values are:-
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
As a Catholic School we actively promote values, virtues and ethics that shape our pupils' character and moral perspective, through the teachings of the Church. We follow the example of the Good Samaritan where we are called to love and care for our neighbour. We ensure that through our school vision, ethos, agreed rules, curriculum and teaching we promote respect and tolerance for all cultures, faiths and lifestyles.
In so doing we reinforce British values regularly and in the following ways:
- Assemblies and collective worship where we teach respect for all, right and wrong, tolerance and differences and respecting and following the law, in particular through the use of Virtues to Live By.
- RE lessons which teach the children about other faiths as well as their own.
- A range of curriculum topics which have strong links to British History and reflect modern British culture
- Citizenship responsibilities
- Visits from authorities such as the police are a regular part of our curriculum
- Participation in faith celebrations that reflects our rich ethnic school population and locality community i.e. Eid, school international days
- Our School Council and a democratic system of voting and providing a "voice" for all pupils.
- Theme weeks i.e. Anti-Bullying Week, Remembrance, Health Week
- Pupils are keen to support charities, whether local, national or global i.e. Salvation Army Food Bank, CAFOD, Children in Need, Airedale Hospital Community Charity