Free School Meals
From September 2014 all children in reception class, year 1 and year 2 will receive a universal free school meal – regardless of their parents’ income. However we recommend you still apply if you meet the criteria below as you may receive assistance with residential trips and the school could receive pupil premium which will help towards your child achieve their best at school.
Please click here for more information on how to apply.
You should apply for Free School Meals if as a family you receive any of the below benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)